SOL#11

I went to Kanbara festival in Niigata City on Sunday. There were very many people, so it was very crowded there. In addition, the weather was fine and the temperature was hot, so it was hard for me to walk. But the lively atmosphere of the festival is summery and I love it! I went there with three friends from university. 



The Kanbara Festival is famous for its long line of stalls. So, there were all kinds of stalls. We ate Fried bread, Snow ice (like shaved ice), Kalbi and Beef tongue skewers and Poppo-yaki. They are all delicious! Especially, it is very rare for me to see fried bread sold at festivals. Also, one of my friends who went to the festival with me is from Hokkaido. So she didn’t know Poppo-yaki. I was surprised because I didn’t know Poppo-yaki was Niigata’s soul food. I thought Poppo-yaki was something all over Japan. 

Popping-yaki is a kind of brown sugar steamed bread. It has chewy texture and is very delicious, so if you are not from Niigata, please try it! 

コメント

  1. このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。

    返信削除
  2. Hello,Misaki!
    I first learned about Poppo-yaki from your blog! If I have a chance to eat Poppo-yaki, I will try it!!

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Misaki UP2